Change of Heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Romance Story

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aedan
Admin
Aedan

Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 am

I began to walk down the hall kind of nervous not really knowing what to say. "So uh you like that major? Is it any fun?"
Back to top Go down
https://changeofheart.board-directory.net
Valerie

Valerie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:21 am

I tried not to laugh. "yes, my concentration is in creative writing so that's the fun part. Along with my minor in dance and acting. What era of history do you like most?" I followed him down the hall. My stomach still clenched in nervousness.
Back to top Go down
Aedan
Admin
Aedan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:28 am

"Mostly early American throughout the Civil War. Maybe a little bit further than that."

As I walked I made it to my room. I noticed that she had not yet reached her room which was odd because mine is at the end of the hall.

"So where is your room? I noticed we walked all the way to mine but you never tried to stop at yours."
Back to top Go down
Valerie

Valerie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:41 am

"That's awesome. I like that part of history too." My brain froze at his question, but before I could answer, my phone went off signally a text. I smiled apologetically before I read it. As I shut my phone I signalled back to the elevator. " I have to go, day one of try outs for the FIERCE dance team are today so I'll uh see you around maybe?" I made a mad dash back to the elevator, but before I got in I turned toward him again.
"To answer your question, my room number is on the first floor, 110. Near the R.A door on the South end." I then got into the elevator and let the door shut.
Back to top Go down
Aedan
Admin
Aedan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:48 am

"Yeah maybe I will" I watched as she ran and got onto the elevator. Well she certainly seems interesting I thought to myself. I turned and used the key and opened the door. I walked in a hopped onto my bed and turned on the tv. What a tiresome day I've had. I lied there for a while just watching tv then my phone went off. It was a text from Dani.
Back to top Go down
Valerie

Valerie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:04 am

I slumped back in the elevator silently thanking whoever was watching over me for that text. He must think I'm some type of stalker now. I shook my head. Get your head in the game Valerie. Tryouts are today and the girls are counting on you to help them make the final calls. Worry about mysterious, but cute guys later. My phone went off again...Micah...speaking of mysterious. I groaned and shut my phone not bothering to answer the text. As soon as the door opened I sprinted out and flew out the door making my way to Stubbs Lawn where the tryouts would be held. As I got there I slumped into the grass out of breath, from what, I couldn't be sure, but I'd bet my money on the guy I just had a conversation with.

"Valerie! About damn time!" I looked up to see Brandy looking at me sternly. I gave her an apologetic smile, but didn't speak. I caught Emily's eye and her expression which said we'll talk later. I groaned internally. This was going to be a long day.
Back to top Go down
Aedan
Admin
Aedan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 am

I looked down and pressed the button to read the text on my phone. It said. "Hey I really enjoyed seeing you earlier. It was really nice. We should hang out again real soon. I miss you..." After I finished reading I sighed to myself. Of course you miss me. That's why you broke up with me to go out with Luke right? I sat there for a minute contemplating what to do. Eventually I decided not to text her back right now. IT is just to much for me to deal with right now.
Back to top Go down
Valerie

Valerie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

I pushed myself off my knees and walked over to the rest of the girls. Brandy had her computer out, the song "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO put on pause. She nodded to me and we got things rolling. She let me lead for the first half of the tryouts, knowing my time in California may come in handy. By the end I was sweating and panting like the rest of them, if not more so. I knew my body would hate me in the morning, but it felt good to let it all go and for awhile I was able to forget.
Back to top Go down
Aedan
Admin
Aedan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:51 pm

After a while I decided to go take a walk. I got out of bed and went downstairs and then headed outside and walked around for a while.
Back to top Go down
Valerie

Valerie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:50 pm

By the end of tryouts we had it narrowed down to 5-10 girls. I personally felt good about the first day. I ran back to my dorm to shower and change thn proceeded to go walk around campus finally letting myself think and process it all, namely the conversation I had with Aedan. What made me talk to him? I sighed. I had dodged Emily and her questions taking off after tryouts, but I knew I couldn't avoid it forever. I rolled my shoulders back and took out my phone again, plugged in and blasted my music.
Back to top Go down
Aedan
Admin
Aedan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 pm

After walking for a while I decided that I would get some dinner. So I turned around and headed back to the school towards d-hall
Back to top Go down
Valerie

Valerie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

I kept walking until I came to the steps of the Student Union across the commons from D-Hall. I looked around and saw that "the perch" as most students called it was empty, "The Perch" was an open space connected to the steps. Most days I was told the FIERCE team met there before going to dinner, but today no one was in sight. I walked up the stairs and sat down against the column and closed my eyed and enjoyed more of solitude.
Back to top Go down
Aedan
Admin
Aedan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:04 pm

I got back to the school and headed into to D-hall to find something to eat.
Back to top Go down
Valerie

Valerie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:34 am

I silently replayed the conversation between Aedan and I in my head. I mentally smacked myself, what the hell was I doing? I had one conversation with the guy... He's not as bad as they made him out to be.. What the fuck did I know? I shook my head. Stop it Valerie, last time you got into this situation it almost ended badly. Speaking of a bad past, I looked at my phone and read Micah's text. "We need to talk now! Text me asap!" I hit the ignore button and texted my best friend back in California Andrea using the code only we knew.

"It's not what it seems like over here." An almost instant reply.

"find a prince charming? don't worry Val, I'm sure he's waiting for you somewhere in fairytale land. Just remember, life is a play that we make up the lines as we go, anything is possible." I laughed. She understood my passion for dance and theater like no other.

"The shadows gave a better alternative then the spot light." She wrote back something that sparked my chilled heart.

"He'll find you even in the darkness because when the feeling is real it glows. Sometimes we have to cut of the darkness to get through to the light" I blinked and shook my head. No, the shadows of my past will haunt me forever...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)   Welcome to Reality (chapter 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Reality (chapter 1)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Change of Heart :: The Story :: The Story-
Jump to: